Friday, July 18, 2008

Lemon Spinach Salad

I make this salad for family and friends ALL the time and everyone loves it! The dressing and preperation are as shockingly simple as they are delicious. I hope you try and it and love it too!

Ingredients:

1 Bag of baby spinach
1/3 Cup of pine nuts
1/3 Cup of grated parmigiano reggiano or romano cheese
The juice of two lemons
1 Tbsp (cap fulls) balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil (first cold press)
Salt & cracked black pepper

Directions:

Add first three ingredients to a salad bowl. In a small mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Toss the salad mixture with the dressing.

4 comments:

Alex Fumero said...

sub arugula for spinach and it's good too.

PaoZeDong said...

I'm always looking for new salad ideas. Thanks so much! BTW, your writing flows well. I'm proud of you!

Kate said...

I totally agree, Alex! I love arugula!

Anonymous said...

Every time i make this salad I think of you...I love it.