Friday, October 10, 2008

A Great (and Green) Way to Kick off the Weekend!

You may have seen Green Gables Cafe on my blog before (featured in my list of favorite healthy, fresh & fast lunch spots), and in case you have not been, I encourage you to go now! Why the urgency? Well, they are celebrating their one-year anniversary this month, and are offering all kinds of fantastic specials.

Sometimes I meet friends there, but most often I order delivery. Their sandwiches, soups and salads are perfect for a midday pick-me-up. Not only is the food absolutely delicious, but it's never heavy, leaving you energized and satisfied. As if it couldn't get any better, all of the to-go packaging (plastic bowls, brown and plastic bags, silverware etc.) is made from recycled and biodegradable materials. It's an ultimate guilt-free experience.

Another great concept implemented by Green Gables is that if you order online, you receive a 10% discount. By taking advantage of that offer, and the anniversary specials, I got a really exciting treat today! I ordered the Tropical Salad Special and was honestly, blown away! It consists of herb roasted Mahi-Mahi with organic mixed greens, avocado, mango and coconut crusted eggplant bites with a light orange drizzle. Sounds enticing? It tasted even better!

I ate every bite, so as not to miss a minute of all of the flavors that worked together so harmoniously. The herbs from the fish, the sweetness of the mango, richness from the avocado and tang from the orange drizzle, provided a perfect balance. However, the best (and most unexpected) element of the salad was the coconut crusted eggplant bites. I would never have thought that those flavors would work so well together. But, after being so convinced this afternoon, I am going to try and create new dishes in my own kitchen based on them.

Check out the menu online and order today! I promise you will not be disappointed. While I love everything that they offer, I definitely encourage you to try their carrot soup and pumpkin soup. They are so filling, incredibly delicious, and really good for you. (Most of their soups are vegan!)

Green Gables Cafe
166 Alhambra Circle
Coral Gables, FL 33134
(305) 445-7015

http://www.greengablescafe.com

No comments: